Cleaning instructions for the Juice Fountain Elite.
The only part that is NOT dishwasher safe is the food pusher. Of course the electrical motor base is not disjwasher safe.
Please leave any questions in the comments. All questions answered within 24 hours.
Warning: Before cleaning the Breville Juice Fountain Elite, ensure that it is turned off and unplugged from the electric outlet.
All dish-washer safe parts are top shelf only.
Care and Cleaning Instructions from the Owner’s Manual:
- For easy cleaning – immediately after each use rinse removable parts under running water (to remove wet pulp). Allow parts to air dry.
- After disassembling the unit all removable parts may be washed in hot soapy water.
- The juicer Cover, Filter Bowl Surround, Pulp Container, Nutri Disc™ and Juice Jug are dishwasher safe (top rack only).
- Wipe the Motor Base with a damp cloth.
- For consistent juicing results always ensure that the Nutri Disc™ is thoroughly cleaned using the supplied nylon brush. Using the nylon washing brush, hold the Nutri Disc™ under running water and brush from the inside of the basket, hold it up towards a light to ensure the fine mesh holes are not blocked. If the holes are blocked soak the Nutri Disc™ in hot water with 10% lemon juice to loosen the blocked holes. Alternatively wash the Nutri Disc™ in the dishwasher.
- Do not soak the Nutri Disc™ in bleach.
- Always treat the Nutri Disc™ with care as it can be easily damaged.
- To assist with cleaning, soak the Nutri Disc™ in hot soapy water for approximately 10 minutes immediately after juicing is completed. If pulp is left to dry on the filter it may clog the fine pores of the filter mesh thereby lessening the effectiveness of the Juicer. For your convenience a nylon cleaning brush has been included with your juicer.
Removing Stubborn or Strong Food Stains and Odors
Discoloration of the plastic may occur with brightly colored fruit and vegetables. To help prevent this, wash parts immediately after use. If discoloration does occur, the plastic parts can be soaked in water with 10% lemon juice or they can be cleaned with a non abrasive cleaner.
Dishwasher Safe Parts:
- Juice Collector
- Pulp Container
- Juicing Jug
- Top Cover
- Mesh Filter Basket/Nutridisc
Not Dishwasher Safe:
- Food Pusher